Titanium and its alloys are effective construction materials ensuring the development of many types of modern equipment. BLMZ is one of the pioneers of Russian titanium alloy shaped-casting industry. Over the past decades we have proved to be a leader in R&D of new titanium alloys and equipment for shaped castings.
BLMZ is the leading mass-producer of titanium shaped castings used in aircraft engines, airplanes, chemical and food machine building, ship building, oil development, oil transportation and refining as well as in medicine. The plant supplies castings, including those after mechanical processing, to the biggest Russian, CIS and foreign companies. We are ready to cooperate with the developers of equipment and components on the design stage, so that we can implement the best titanium alloys and substitute steel components with components made of these alloys.
|Titanium casting alloys|
|homemade according to OST 190013-81||VТ5L, VТ6L, VТ20L, VТ21L, ТLЗ, ТL5|
|foreign according to ASTM 8367||grade C2, grade С3, grade С5|
Main manufacturing operations:
- automatic processes for building hot metal and casting into molds carried out in vacuum skull furnaces, which satisfy the best international standards;
- own technology for the production of mold boxes for each casting method carried out with the help of special equipment;
- hot isostatic pressing (HIP) of castings and welding-up in argon environment are possible;
- heat treatment and casting finishing;
- mechanical processing with high technology equipment.
BLMZ masters the most popuLar titanium aLLoy casting methods:
- investment casting;
- (rammed) compacted graphite mold casting; croning;
- shell mold casting; chill casting;
- polystyrene pattern casting;
- patternless casting process using 3D-moldeled graphite blocks.
|Production series||pieces/year||up to 10 000|
|Casting size||mm||min 10x10x10, max 800|
|Casting weight||kg||min 0.005, max 200|
|Wall thickness||mm||min 2 ± 0.5|
|Precision||mm||up to ± 1.5 at the biggest size|
We supply coating without alpha-layer with effective allowance, which significantly cuts the costs for mechanical processing.